Friday, January 28, 2011

Weight on my back




Over the course of three months I had something on my back.

It was the biggest thing I could carry and it was strapped to my backpack, so I could feel the weight swing left to right with every step. Along the way it became annoying, but it would be too expensive to send home.

I'm not sure what possess me to buy the wooden lion sculpture when I knew I couldn't really carry a whole lot.

I guess I like the courage a lion represents, even though I'm still trying to find mine. It's a symbol of strength and I guess I needed something to push me forward with every mile I travelled. When I stare up at that lion all I can think of are the thousand of miles that disappeared behind me, the sun, the rain and everything else the world could throw at me.

I stayed strong, even if I was weak.



No comments:

Post a Comment